• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

i got a phone call from my dr today...

toomuchpain

Bluelighter
my dr called me today, lol, suprisingly because i had talked to him the previous day about my mdd and suicidal thoughts, and today he tells me that the bone density scan that i took a few weeks ago turned out that i have osteo, my dr said and emphasized that i have VERY thin bones.
i asked him if this somewhat common with my age and sexual orientation, and he said its very uncommon, which made me worry more. i had mdd and social anxiety, i believe its more severe social anxiety and i feel like i should be concerned that this is happening to me. ive always played sports, been in good to moderate shape as of late, but i guess that never mattered?

ive already seen an endocrinologist about it and he wants me to do another blood test but i have a low level of testosterone, which i have no idea how thats possible, they gave me vitamin d pills.

my dr rxd me today fosamax 70mg, once a week.
will it help? i know it sounds like im sort of hypochondriac or something but recently ive been feeling back pain last couple days, im not saying anything is wrong, but who knows now.
ohh you should know how i got my first fracture, a vertebae non traumatic compression fracture of t9, this happened by waking up from a nap and getting up, this was august last year. im worried if i can fracture a bone that easily, what is it going to be like in the future??

it feels like the last 2 weeks have been horrible, im feeling like an absolute failure and now i hear this osteoperosis dx at my age being 27, male and weight 195, so im not sure, if anybody know about this please tune me in

Your thread is better suited for Healthy Living.

Trust your doctor and the medicine she/he prescribes. They have a licence to practice medicine for a reason.

Drink your milk too!

ohh sorry bout that, ill check later to see if they move it...fyi, cant drink milk, makes me vomit, but i get my calcium from oj and yogurt, my calcium levels are good tho

I agree, it would be better suited to HL-
I know you post alot in TDS about your health issues, which is much appreciated b/c there alot of people who regular TDS who can really identify with Chronic pain and other hard lessons the body gives us.......Pain and struggles with the physical can be terribly dark.......

I am not familiar with fosamax but I do take a prescription of Vitamin D-I know there is some foggy connection between Fibro and Vit D defiency- Don't you have Fibro, or am I thinking of someone else? You may also choose to search through HL's threads for any other fosamax info- I do know they had a Vit D thread which you may want to check out.......
Lots of Luck- Hope things get better for you soon!
Sending to HL!

please, does anybody have any knowledge of this for a male in his mid 20s?? i need alll the help i can get

^ are you 2muchpain or is that a different user? I think it's 2muchpain that has FM ocean.

Anyway, I wouldn't stress about not drinking milk toomuchpain, the protein in cow's milk is counterproductive when it comes to calcium absorption anyway. Sorry I can't give you any specific advice but mrjackjones said sounds sensible; trust your doctor. If you don't then find another and get a second opinion. Go back to basics with diet and look into low impact exercise like swimming?

Take care <3

my dr called me today, lol, suprisingly because i had talked to him the previous day about my mdd and suicidal thoughts, and today he tells me that the bone density scan that i took a few weeks ago turned out that i have osteo, my dr said and emphasized that i have VERY thin bones.
i asked him if this somewhat common with my age and sexual orientation, and he said its very uncommon, which made me worry more. i had mdd and social anxiety, i believe its more severe social anxiety and i feel like i should be concerned that this is happening to me. ive always played sports, been in good to moderate shape as of late, but i guess that never mattered?

ive already seen an endocrinologist about it and he wants me to do another blood test but i have a low level of testosterone, which i have no idea how thats possible, they gave me vitamin d pills.

my dr rxd me today fosamax 70mg, once a week.
will it help? i know it sounds like im sort of hypochondriac or something but recently ive been feeling back pain last couple days, im not saying anything is wrong, but who knows now.
ohh you should know how i got my first fracture, a vertebae non traumatic compression fracture of t9, this happened by waking up from a nap and getting up, this was august last year. im worried if i can fracture a bone that easily, what is it going to be like in the future??

it feels like the last 2 weeks have been horrible, im feeling like an absolute failure and now i hear this osteoperosis dx at my age being 27, male and weight 195, so im not sure, if anybody know about this please tune me in

Osteoporosis at that age is very unusual and is almost always secondary to some other underlying disease.

Some questions so that I can get a better picture of what may be going on:
  • What is your lifestyle like?
  • Do you smoke or drink? If so, how often and how much?
  • Do you take ANY medications on a regular or semi-regular basis?
  • Have you been treated with corticosteroids for any period of time during the last 1-3 years?
  • Have you had any problems with kidney stones?
  • Do you have any other medical problems that you are aware of? Any surgeries?

When you say osteoporosis and lowered testosterone levels, I immediately think Hyperprolactinaemia but you would need blood tests to confirm. On the bright side, if you have this, it is totally treatable. The bone loss is also treatable as well, so don't be so down about it. It sounds like you're on the right track as it is with your endocrinologist.